I really enjoyed travelling through Chile – also because of the Chilean food and drinks.
Here are some of my favourite dishes:
1) Ceviche (raw fish, occasianally mixed with other seafood): definitely one of my favourites, although some people (including Chileans) say that Peruvian Ceviche is better – I have yet to try and compare that.
2) Ice Cream: it really surprised me to find such amazing ice cream in Chile. My favourite stores are Mikafé in Hanga Roa, Easter Island, and Emporio la Rosa in Santiago. Favourite flavours: chocolate with toffee, dulce de leche, frambuesa menta, lúcuma and mango. Oh and not to forget that fantastic avocado (yes, avocado) ice cream at Vinilo in Valparaiso.
3) Empanadas: particularly those filled with fresh tuna and seafood (Easter Island).
1) Jugos Naturales: freshly made fruit juices, e.g. pineapple!
2) Beer and Wine (try the Carmenere as you will hardly find it anywhere else in the world)!
4) Terremoto (earthquake): young white wine, Pisco, sugar, pineapple ice cream…